Monday, October 15, 2012

Pictures, Puzzle and Tag Sale Updates

Wow, wow, wow.  That is my day today.  Woke up at 3am, checked phone for any adoption updates - none.  Fell back asleep.  Alarm went off at 5am, checked phone - UPDATES!!!! 

Ok, I'm going to push the "pause" button here for just a minute.  We had our yard sale, "tag sale", this past Saturday.  It was great.  I learned more about receiving love from others and the true meaning of "community" more than anything.  Let me just say again, I have been blown away by the love and support of friends and church family.  People I don't know personally donated stuff.  It was just so amazing to be apart of all this community.  It was such a blessing to be part of it.  We made a little over $400 at the yard sale.  Technically, we aren't done because we have alot of donated furniture we are going to put on Craig's List, and some other things we are going to put on Ebay.  Not bad, not bad at all!  We get to change our little fundraiser ticker to include that!  YEAH!  It's really nice too see that number go up.  Thank you to everyone who donated.  We sincerely appreciate your kindness and generosity.

Moving on to the updates - I was totally surprised by the new pictures of Imani in my mailbox this morning.  She is much smaller than I realized.  Much!  She is skinny.  Not scary skinny, but pretty skinny.  Our facilitator told us we should have our consent to adopt from the commune this week.  Praise the Lord!  They have this saying - This is Africa - meaning, plans are optional.  It is very relaxed over there.  When some tells you "this week" you need to be prepared for sometime this month, hopefully. UGH!  So annoying.  To me, this week is TODAY.  Trying to relax here.

One of my new facebook friends is in the DRC right now picking up her kids.  We had sent a couple little things to Imani through my friend.  She was finally able to go today.  Although, we thought she wouldn't, then she did.....talk about a roller coaster - she was also supposed to go last week.  Up, down, up, down.....I was glued to my computer ALL afternoon.  At 3pm I was like, ok, it is 8pm there, she HAS to be back by now because she has been getting her kids to bed about 8....then, the pictures started coming.  OH MY GOODNESS!  It was so great, I was crying tears of happiness.  Kinds weird because I am not very "touchy feely" when it comes to others, but to see all these pictures of these kids who are living together, waiting on their families to come and get them....it was amazing that my new friend was able to go and give us all a little glimpse.  I try to describe it as when you are pregnant and "if I could just see his/her face one time, then I will be content" feeling....all the while knowing that you will NEVER be content with just one peek!  I can't wait to get on the plane to Africa and to bring her home - to her family.  Soon.  Very soon.

Puzzle - Ok, we are making some serious progress on this puzzle.  How many pieces do you think we have sold?  Take a guess.  Remember, this is a 1,000 piece puzzle.  HUGE.  Like, out of our mind huge!  It took us 6 weeks to put this thing together.  We would work and work and work, then take a break.  Then work and work and work.  Take a break.  Then, FINALLY, we got close and then we had a fire within to get it done!  Dillan, James and Ben put in the last three pieces.  It was great!  Here is the finished product:



To date, we have sold 394!  Whoo Hoo!  We are making some serious progress in a short amount of time!  So exciting!  Thank you all!  I still have some names to fill in above, so if you don't see yours, then don't worry, i have not forgotten!

It's late and I am really tired.  Today was a GREAT day, but I am drained from the ups and downs!

Christy

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for updates! Glad the yard sale went well and hope you sell the rest.

    Tessy from Divine Moments
    http://divinemomentstlf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, you are all in our prayers! Thank you for bringing us along on your journey through these posts. Imagine when Imani reads them one day!

    ReplyDelete