Saturday, April 20, 2013

Attack!

Do you believe in spiritual warfare?  I think it is one of those things that I know exists, but when people start talking about angels and demons fighting, I just kinda tune it out.  I feel like, "yeah, yeah, spiritual warfare mumbo jumbo....."

God gave me this scripture:

Isaiah 45: 2-3

I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

I can not tell you how GREAT this verse is!  Purely AWESOME!  We are waiting on so many things right now and trying to make some hard decision, and I just knew, God was telling me - "I got this. I'm not going to move the mountain, I'm gonna LEVEL that thing!!!  And I'm going to do it, just because I want you to know WHO I AM and that I have YOU by name!"  WOW!  I was feeling pretty incredible.

So, let me tell you about the last 11 days.  I've been in my last two weeks of work, so getting things settled and finished up was stressful - or so I thought.  Here is the summary:

4/10 - Ben throws up at school - I had to go get him
4/11 - Dillan starts throwing up at 4am - both are home from school
4/12 - Dillan home from school again - I come home from work at 2:30 because I start to feel sick and my throat is on FIRE (start antibiotic for strep throat)
4/13 - Ben throws up again all over the kitchen - by the end of the day, James is feeling sick - I am feeling very weak and still sick
4/14 - James is still sick and begins throwing up, I am feeling mostly better
4/15 - James is still not feeling good, Rob wakes up and does not feel good.  He calls in sick and stays home with James.  I have to leave work at 11 because I almost throw up 3 times.  Rob and I get much sicker as the day progresses - our joints hurt so bad...(I am unable to take antibiotic) and my mom has to care for the boys in the evening because we are too sick. I prayed to God, please, heal us!  this is crazy!  We can't be sick again tomorrow!
4/16 - Dillan is throwing up again.  He and I stay home . By the end of the evening, Ben has this strange rash.  I do some research and talk to some moms and think it is 5th disease.  Great.
4/17 - Rob decides to take Ben to the doctor, just in case, STREP THROAT!  Rob and I split this day and I come home at lunch so he can go to work.
4/18 - All kids go to school for the first time in a week.  James and I run some errands while Dillan is at soccer practice.  He tells me his throat hurts. As I am tucking him in, he continues to complain that his throat hurts more.
4/19 - (My LAST day of work) I take James to the doctor - STREP THROAT!

WHAT IS THIS????  SERIOUSLY!?  SERIOUSLY!!!! 

As if all that was not bad enough, my strep throat caused my skin condition to blow up (I do not know a better word to describe this)!  It causes extreme itching and little red spots to appear all over my body.  The last time this happened, I called the Dermatologist and told the receptionist, "You must get me in TODAY or I am going to rip my face off." 

So needless to say, I am feeling a little worn out.  If I ever doubted spiritual warfare, then I don't now!  Yes, our family has passed germs around to each other many times, but we have NEVER ALL gotten it - and then been sick TWICE!  Talk about frustrating!  The odd thing about this, my mother who is still living with us, didn't get ANY of it.  She is ALWAYS sick - yet she stayed healthy as a horse through all of this.  Little crazy, right????  OMG!

What to hear some GOOD news though???????

WE GOT OUR DAUGHTER'S PASSPORT!  AND IT IS RIGHT! 

Now, all we need is that visa from the Embassy and she can come home!

Please say a little prayer for healing....

<3
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment