I'm trying to post more to the blog; it doesn't make for a good blog if it doesn't have regular updates, now does it? So here is where we are; we are still waiting for the Act of Adoption and the application of her passport. Since we are still waiting, we have had to make some tough decisions based on the scenarios that may play out.
1. If we get word soon that the Act of Adoption has been received and the passport has already been applied for, then I will fly over by myself and file our I-600 in country at the US Embassy. Filing it in country vs. here in the states will shave about a month off the process, which means one less month for Imani in the orphanage. I would stay for about a week shile getting some paperwork finished, meet and spend some time with Imani and then fly home. Christy would then fly over several weeks later once the passport has been received to get the exit letter and bring Imani home. Not the preferred option but the fastest.
2. If the passport has not been applied for then we will file the I-600 here stateside and wait for it and the passport to be approved; then both of us would travel together to go get Imani. Chances are I would still have to leave after a week and Christy would stay until the exit letter is ready, probably an additional week. With 3 boys, both of us simply cannot be gone longer than a week, so I'd rather Christy stay with her and have that time to bond. Plus, it might look a little strange and actually may cause significant issues while attempting to travel back if it were just Imani and I.
So, we are trying to wait patiently for an update so we know which scenario we are dealing with. The facilitator (the lady that runs the orphanage) was back here in the states for the past two weeks so it's likely that nothing got accomplished in her absence, but we'll see.
BUT...on a brighter note, we do have some exciting news that we will be revealing soon...
Keep the prayers coming...and thank you!