Friday, August 3, 2012

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting......

Well, everything is turned in, the social worker has everything she needs for our Home Study.  Now, the only thing to do is *wait* for her to write it.  Secretly, I was hoping it would be done today so that we could send it off to immigration, but, that expectation was pretty unrealistic.

I really hate to wait.  I am a "do"er.  That's just me, I get things done.  Lot's of times I don't understand what the hold up is.  I just want to know what's going on, when it will be complete and then what will happen next.  Is that too much to ask?  Apparently so! 

I "subscribe" to Joyce Meyer's facebook thing and this popped up the other day:

Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you act while you're waiting.

Oh boy!  Well, I'm pretty much a failure because I don't wait well.  I usually whine and complain about what is taking so long!  Sounds like I haven't grown up and and I well into my 30's.  There are lots of moving parts in adoption and I am finally understanding why it takes awhile.

So, I have decided I will wait better.  THANKFULLY, we are leaving for vacation on Saturday so my mind will be focused elsewhere.  We will still have access to e-mail, so our process won't slow down, but not sitting at my desk all day will certainly help give my mind a break! 

Hopefully, by the time we get back we will be ready to send the home study to immigration for approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment