Thursday, August 23, 2012

Really? Seriously?

I have already admitted that I am not a patient person.  It does not come naturally to me.  I was raised that "No" = "Find another way to YES!".  So, I have employed this strategy throughout my life - from childhood until...well, even now. 

I just don't understand why it takes 65 days for USCIS to approve paperwork.  Did you know that it says on USCIS that adoption applications are given priority treatment?  I wanted to post a link to it so you could read it for yourself, but, of course, I can't find it.

I am really annoyed that it takes so long for this process.  To top it all off, I did not mail in the fees for the fingerprinting.  UGH!  Major goof.  So annoyed with myself over that one. 

So, last week Rob called USCIS to inquire about "expediting" our application.  He said the lady he spoke with was extremely nice and told him to call back this week.  He calls today - yes, they received our application in Missouri, it has NOT been assigned a case worker, and NO you may not send in the fingerprinting fee before you receive the request for it.  I think the person he spoke with on the phone last week was totally different than the one he spoke with today. 

65 days is a LONG time to sit and do NOTHING!  65 days is a long time to wait before we are able to get a referral.  I just don't have the patience for this kind of stuff.  Just do it.  Look at the paperwork, are we at least somewhat normal? Yes, OK, schedule the fingerprints.  Yes, I will be going early on the off chance that we will be able to get them done early.  Why all the unnecesary waiting? 

Oh, and this will not stop me from calling the FBI and begging them hurry the fingerprints along.  We are good law abiding citizens, maybe a couple speeding tickets here and there, we love our kids and we are able to provide a loving family for another child. 

I have NO SHAME in asking - we have a daughter that is waiting for us in the Congo.  She doesn't know it yet, but we do.  She is wanted and I will fight for her until I get her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment