Wednesday, September 19, 2012

100% in

The other day I was at a customer's of mine, showing off the picture of our little girl to anyone who would look.  One of the techs looked at me and said "You love her, don't you."  This wasn't a question, it was a statement.  She could see it in my eyes;  Yes, I love this little girl.  I love this little girl even though I haven't seen her in person, even though I've never heard her utter one word, even though I haven't held her in my arms.  That has caught me off guard;  I didn't expect to feel this way.  I didn't expect to have these emotions about someone I've never met, but the more that I think about it, the more I relate it to loving your unborn child.  Even though you can only see a picture, you still love them as if they were here with you. 
In 3 days I leave for Hondorus on a mission trip where I had expected God open my heart towards the orphans so that I may "get it" but I think He may have already done that.  I don't know what it is that He has planned for me on this trip, but I'm excited to experience it.
And as for the heart following in line with the mind, it has...and I'm 100% in.

No comments:

Post a Comment