Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simply Amazing!

There are no words to describe last week.  NONE!  

I'm doing this Beth Moore Bible Study on my own called "Believing God".  It is SO AWESOME!  Last week started off horrible - I called USCIS on Monday and inquired about receipt of my biometric fees.  I was told, "There is nothing you can do right now, you have to be patient."  What I said in my mind was, "LADY - THIS IS PATIENT!  You should see me when I'm not!"  But, I refrained - which is no small wonder in itself!  So, my day ended with me being really mad at myself and me feeling defeated.  I woke up Tuesday morning and during my study was directed to this verse:


Isaiah 40: 28-31:

Do you not know?   Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  HE will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  HE gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  THEY will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (emphasis mine)

The first two sentences have stuck with me - Do you not know?  Have you not heard? - I could feel it deep in my spirit - God was reminding me - Remember who I am, I got this.  I won't get tired, even as you young people do.  You can't understand how great I am, but your hope is in me, so I'm going to increase your strength anyway.  

I ended my prayer time with a new found strength!  I felt so at peace it was amazing!  I KNEW in every ounce of my being that something GREAT was going to happen this day.  And - IT DID!  I called to check to see if the money order had been cashed and it had!  Praise God!  One more little step forward.  This may seem like such an insignificant thing, but when you have been waiting 2 weeks, knowing everything is being held up by this, it starts to get annoying.  This was my little piece of hope for the day.  

On Thursday morning, I received an e-mail back from the lockbox confirming my payment.  Praise GOD!  I was then able to forward it to the USCIS officer who had graciously agreed to help me, even though we had not been assigned an officer.  During the day, I saw a post that there were 5 girls available to be matched - 18 months through 7.  I knew we were just barely eligible, but not really at the "preferred" stage quite yet.  They like for you to have your approval from immigration first.  I was bit disappointed, but, told myself that our time was coming.  Rob and I had a very busy evening - soccer practice and back to school night.  While sitting at my kindergartner's desk, I get a facebook message - "What is your age range?"  My heart immediately jumped into my throat.  I learned that there were 4 girls not matched - 2ish, 4ish, 5ish and 7ish.    Oh my, a 2 year old!  WOW!  We spoke for awhile over facebook messenger.  She would not have pictures or medicals until the next morning.  How on earth was I supposed to sleep?

The crazy thing is that I had a Stella and Dot jewelry show scheduled for Friday night.  IT was my prayer back in August when I decided to do this show, that we would have a referral by then, so I could put her picture up for everyone to see during the show.

I wake up at 3:45am Friday morning - READY TO GO.  There was no falling back to sleep for me.  I did my usual morning things.  The pictures did not come in overnight, so there was morn waiting.  Mid morning, we received the picture of an adorable 2 year old little girl.  She was sad, but in her sadness, you could see the most beautiful eyes.  

We accepted her referral by 2pm that day!  Rob went to Walmart and printed her picture out for my jewelry show.  

God worked a miracle for me.  There is NO WAY that everything that happened last week could have been a coincidence.  NO WAY!  Last Monday, I never dreamed that by Friday morning we would have a referral and  see the face of the little girl who will be our daughter.

PRAISE GOD!  We are so excited!  

Now on to the uncomfortable part......

FUNDRAISING!

1 comment:

  1. Christy I stumbled across this entry and was so encouraged. Feeling EXHAUSTED this week (man it's tough when your man is out of town!) and so burdened by the enormity of what I am doing in this "ministry of motherhood". I love the emphasis you place from this verse on the first two lines. Yes I DO know. I need to let Him be my strength.

    ReplyDelete