Monday, July 23, 2012

This is going to cost what?!

I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that adoption was going to cost money, but I had no idea how much.  It's interesting to me that I'm more apprehensive about how we are going to come up with the money to pay for the adoption than I am about the impact of adding a fourth child to our family (and if you've read the other posts, you know that I was pretty worried about that as well).  On a quick note, it's simply amazing to me how excited I am about this process now and how my heart has truly fallen in line with my head, just as my friend had predicted.  Each day I get a little more excited about finally getting to find out who she is, to have a face and a name to think and pray about...pretty awesome stuff!  But like I said, the financial portion of this process is a pretty daunting obstacle to get over, and my suspicion is that this is probably the greatest hurdle for any prospective adoptive parents.  I will say that we are determined not to let this burden discourage us, though, from what we know we've been called to do.  I'm not sure how, but I'm confident that He will see us through this as well.  I'm also confident that in this process, we are going to be presented with circumstances that are way outside of our comfort zones, that we are going to be stretched to do things soley on faith in order for this to work.  Here is a big one for me, asking for help...financially.  I simply don't like asking for money, never have.  In fact, Christy and I have prided ourselves in getting to where we are without having to ask for a lot of help from parents and/or friends.  But the truth of the matter is this, no matter how much we think that we've done this on our own, we haven't.  EVERYTHING we have has come from the blessings of God;  we didn't earn it and it's only by His grace that we are where we are today.  So, I am going to put my pride away and humbly ask that we do indeed need help to bring our daughter home.  If you feel inclined, please see the Suppot tab on this page to see where you can be a part of this wonderful journey.  Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment