Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting nervous (8/4/13)

Christy:

I'm going to get straight to the point here. Tomorrow is DNA day. I am terribly nervous about Imani seeing her birthmother for the first time since the orphanage. Due to some other factors, and to make a long story really short, she is coming here today so that we can gauge the reaction here at the guesthouse instead of at the Embassy where there would be a huge audience. So, Rob is working at church, so he doesn't even know yet. A quick prayer for peace for both of them and a little prayer for my nerves would be great!

later that day...

Mom did not come because she "might" be in labor. (Please, this is not the time or place for birth control discussions). I'm at a total lose because there is nothing I can do to keep that baby put another day or two so she can make it to the Embassy. The next DNA test is August 12th. So, I will be doing a lot of praying for her mom to not be in labor. Grandma came though and I liked her. Please pray for all of us. Me, Imani and her birth mom and most of all - God's will to be done. That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment