Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Time! -- Again (6/23/13)

Christy:

Alright friends, it is time! (Again!)

I am leaving for Congo on Sunday. This is “IT”. It is a bit sooner than we thought, but, that is perfectly ok. There has been a lot of action over the last few days and our heads are spinning. We received an e-mail yesterday detailing additional costs for additional and redone documents. These new costs, coupled with the probable DNA test has now added an additional $2,000 to Imani’s adoption cost. Needless to say, we were not expecting this. We also received news yesterday that there is a very real possibility that Rob may have to come over and join me in applying for an exit letter. (Exit letter allows us to take our daughter out of the country.) I can’t even begin to tell you what that would mean for our family. We are talking thousands more dollars, unexpected time off of work and finding care for our three boys here at home. Honestly, I’m trying to not even think about that.
As someone who is very type-A and plans ahead, it is very hard for me to see how this is going to all work out. I have honestly been filled with panic for the last 24 hours. So much of our lives depends on the actions of others right now that it literally paralyzes me with fear. The amount of trust we are having to place in others’ hands is the most uncomfortable and unnatural feeling I have ever felt. When I feel like this, I always wonder, “Why God? Why are you allowing this? This was not the plan”. When I being to doubt, I always come back to these two statements:

1. Either God created the world, or He didn’t.
2. Either God raised Jesus from the dead, or He didn’t.

It is as basic as those two statements to me. If I believe those two statements, then how can I believe that God is NOT in control here? I refuse to believe that God would check out on us now. I don’t know the future, but I do know that God’s way are not just good or great, but BEST. I can’t pretend to know how long I will be in Congo. I don’t know what is going to happen with the exit letter. I don’t know if the people that need to do the things they promised will deliver. I don’t know what will happen when the money runs out and I don’t know what we will do if Rob has to travel now and then we both have to travel again to pick up our some. But, I DO KNOW these two things:

If God is for us, who can EVER be against us? Romans 8:31

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

No matter what happens, we WILL be ok. Here is how you can support us:

1. Pray for safe travels.
2. Pray for Imani’s birthmother as she will be interviewed by the Embassy next week.
3. Pray fervently that the Embassy will look upon her testimony and presented evidence with favor and NOT require a DNA test.
4. Pray for Imani’s visa to be issued quickly.
5. Pray for our exit letter to be issued without Rob’s presence and that it is done quickly.

Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment