Friday, August 30, 2013

Saying good bye and being sick...yuk! (8/9/13)

Christy:

Today was another day of - wait for it - WAITING!!!!! LOL

My friends that were waiting on their exit letter were able to leave last night and we said goodbye to such a wonderful family! Their faith in God was awesome to see....

I am sick - not malaria sick - more like sinus infection type sick. Started a Z-pak yesterday. Imani had a meltdown when I went to the story without her to get the medicine. I have put her in an Ergo and she loves it, but she weighs like 38 pounds, so it is a lot on my back. I just couldn't do it. So, she had a meltdown. I came back and she was still crying so I took her to our room and just held her until she was done. After lunch she had the mother of all break downs. Made what I remember my boys tantrums look like a piece of cake! She wanted to go to the store in the car with another family and there wasn't room. So, I had to take her to our room where she probably screamed and cried for at least an hour. I held her, I sat next to her, I did everything I could. When I would let her down she would go over to the door and try to get out, so I locked it. Oh, that just took it to a whole NEW LEVEL. She banged on the door and screamed and screamed and screamed. Her voice was getting hoarse from all the screaming, so I picked her up, put her blanket around and rocked her until she fell asleep. She woke up her normal self!

I thought we were headed for another meltdown at dinner time because one of the other kids was asking for Fanta. I held my breathe and we both said, "No Fanta tonight" and they moved on. I don't think I could have taken another meltdown.

The kids played, then the mosquitos came out and we all went inside. The kids played some more and then it was bath, suki, Dora time. After Dora, she came over to me with he blanket and said, "Kolala", which means, "I want to sleep". I was like YEAH!!!! She was telling me she was tired! I was sick and exhausted so I went to bed with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment